Charlie Sheen Says Testosterone Cream Turned Him into a 'Raving Lunatic' Before “Two and a Half Men” Dismissal

Charlie Sheen Says Testosterone Cream Turned Him into a 'Raving Lunatic' Before "Two and a Half Men" Dismissal Virginia ChamleeSeptember 10, 2025 at 7:03 AM 0 Greg Gayne/Warner Bros Tv/Chuck Lorre Prod/Kobal/Shutterstock Charlie Sheen in Two and A Half Men Charlie Sheen claims that some of his errat...

- - Charlie Sheen Says Testosterone Cream Turned Him into a 'Raving Lunatic' Before "Two and a Half Men" Dismissal

Virginia ChamleeSeptember 10, 2025 at 7:03 AM

0

Greg Gayne/Warner Bros Tv/Chuck Lorre Prod/Kobal/Shutterstock

Charlie Sheen in Two and A Half Men -

Charlie Sheen claims that some of his erratic behavior during his very public 2011 meltdown was the result of a topical testosterone cream

In his debut memoir, the actor writes that he was "slathering on" the product in "mind-altering gobs"

"I'd been using it to get my body back into shape, not knowing that at the same time I was being shape-shifted," he adds

While Charlie Sheen's struggles with drugs have been well-documented, it was a street legal topical, he writes in his new memoir, that was to blame for the meltdown that cost him his starring role on Two and a Half Men in March 2011.

In his debut memoir, The Book of Sheen (out Sept. 9), Sheen writes that he quit drugs cold turkey after Les Moonves (then the head of CBS) visited his home and offered to fly him to rehab.

Quitting, he writes, "didn't go as planned."

"What I chose not to quit was the testosterone cream that I was slathering on in mind-altering gobs like a f----- Pond's commercial," he writes in the memoir, per Entertainment Weekly. "After all, it was 'legal.' I'd been using it to get my body back into shape, not knowing that at the same time I was being shape-shifted."

He continues: "That drug is known to metabolize into the identical psych profile an anabolic steroid will produce. Anyone who bore witness to the raging demon I melded with will hopefully glean some clarity for what my state of mind was up against."

— sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Dominik Bindl/Getty

Charlie Sheen

Sheen adds in his book that he isn't "making excuses or asking for a pass," but "putting it out there as a detail that may have been confused with a laundry list of other potential suspects."

"I've heard great things about the drug when used responsibly, but let's keep it real — drugs and responsible are two words I never made [a] habit of cramming into the same sentence," he writes.

After Sheen, now 60, was fired from the hit sitcom, he went on to give his infamous 20/20 interview, where he claimed to have "tiger blood" in his veins.

Elsewhere in his memoir, Sheen writes that baseball player Brian Wilson first gave him the phrase he would later use in that interview.

"I was so jacked on the Krazy Kreme, those phrases went into my brain and stayed on a loop just below the surface," Sheen writes in the book, per EW. "They were patient with one eye on the door, waiting for the right customer to show up, be seated, and casually ask about the specials."

In 2017, Sheen finally got clean for good and told PEOPLE in a recent exclusive interview that he had to be ready for sobriety.

"You have to be willing," he said, adding that he wanted to be the kind of dad his kids (Cassandra, 41, Sami, 21, Lola, 20, and twins Max and Bob, 16) could rely on. He hasn't had a drop of alcohol since.

"I keep a [mental list] of the worst, most shameful things I've done, and I can look at that in my head if I feel like having a drink," he told PEOPLE.

In addition to his new memoir, Sheen appears in the two-part Netflix documentary, aka Charlie Sheen, out Sept. 10.

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: GL MAG

Full Article on Source: GL MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities

 

GL MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com