Kate Hudson sharpens her singing chops in new 'Song Sung Blue' trailer

Kate Hudson sharpens her singing chops in new 'Song Sung Blue' trailer Piet Levy, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel September 10, 2025 at 9:28 PM 0 Kate Hudson is expanding her singing career with a role in a buzzy new film.

- - Kate Hudson sharpens her singing chops in new 'Song Sung Blue' trailer

Piet Levy, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel September 10, 2025 at 9:28 PM

0

Kate Hudson is expanding her singing career with a role in a buzzy new film.

The actress, who revealed her desire to be a songstress earlier this year, is starring alongside Hugh Jackman in "Song Sung Blue," a film chronicling the passionate and fraught love affair between Mike and Claire Sardina, who made up the Neil Diamond cover band Lightning & Thunder.

A new trailer, out Sept. 9, shows Jackman and Hudson embodying the musical duo-turned-married couple, as they struggle to make it as a Diamond and Patsy Cline tribute act in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, area beginning in 1989.

Mike Sardina, whose stage name was Lightning, died in 2006 due to a head injury, and Claire Sardina lost part of her leg after being struck by a car.

Mike and Claire Sardina of Milwaukee performed as singing duo Lightning & Thunder, shown in this 1998 file photo. The couple are to be played by Hugh Jackman and Kate Hudson in "Song Sung Blue," a musical drama based on the 2008 documentary of the same name.

Kate Hudson says facing this 'greatest fear' has 'completely changed my life'

"I'm elated and a little dumbfounded," Claire Sardina said in a statement when the film was announced last year. "All of the hype has taken me back to when my wonderful husband was alive and by my side. It's been wonderful to go back in time."

Watch 'Song Sun Blue' trailer

The trailer begins with Jackman passionately proclaiming, "I'm not a songwriter, I'm not a sex symbol, I just want to entertain people," to which Hudson responds: "I don't want to be a hairdresser, I want to sing, I want to dance, I want a garden, I want a cat."

The teaser goes on to show the band selecting their act, discussing their stage name, nailing their sound during kitchen rehearsals and sharing a first kiss. The tone then shifts as audiences watch Mike Sardina struggle with alcoholism and trauma wrought from a stint in the Vietnam War. The trailer cuts back and forth, promising a film that chronicles both the highs and lows of life as Lightning and Thunger.

"Bad things happen over and over," Hudson's character says as Jackman is seen looking for work in the classifieds, while other scenes show joyful garage rehearsals, bar gigs, and their wedding.

"I can't thank Neil, because every thank you I got belongs to you doll," Jackman says at the trailer's dramatic climax. "You're my 'August Night,' my 'September Morn,' my 'Cracklin' Rosie,'" he adds, all references to Diamond songs.

'Song Sun Blue' cast: Hugh Jackman, Kate Hudson and more

The film, also starring Michael Imperioli, Fisher Stevens, Jim Belushi, Ella Anderson, King Princess, Mustafa Shakir and Hudson Hilbert Hensley, was written and directed by Craig Brewer ("Hustle & Flow"), and is based on an award-winning 2008 documentary also called "Song Sung Blue." It will hit theaters Christmas Day.

This article originally appeared on Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Kate Hudson, Hugh Jackman duet in 'Song Sung Blue' trailer

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: GL MAG

Full Article on Source: GL MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities

 

GL MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com