Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest in New Orleans

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

People Shia LaBeouf's mugshot Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

NEED TO KNOW

  • Shia LaBeouf's mugshot has been released after he was arrested during Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans and booked on two counts of simple battery

  • Authorities allege the actor was involved in an altercation shortly after midnight on Feb. 17 outside a Royal Street bar in the French Quarter, where he is accused of allegedly striking two men before being restrained by bystanders

  • LaBeouf was later released on his own recognizance and was seen back on Bourbon Street hours later, dancing amid Mardi Gras festivities

Shia LaBeouf'smugshot has been released following his arrest during Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans.

Authorities say the 39-year-old actor was booked on two counts of simple battery on Feb. 17.

His mugshot was later released on Feb. 20 by the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office.

One of the alleged victims in the incident, Jeffrey Damnit (born Jeffrey Klein), told PEOPLE that theconfrontation beganaround 5 p.m. Monday at Royal Street Inn & R Bar in the French Quarter.

He claimed that the actor hurled homophobic slurs at the bar and then a few hours later, when staff eventually escorted him outside, began "screaming at everybody" and "lunging at" patrons.

Damnit alleged LaBeouf jumped at him and struck him, knocking him back and the actor punched a bartender in the face. He said that several people ultimately restrained LaBeouf while waiting for officers.

Shia LaBeouf's mugshot Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

An initial police report obtained by PEOPLE stated that one alleged victim was struck "in his face with a closed fist causing his nose to possibly dislocate" and said he "pushed his nose back into place" himself.

The report further alleged that LaBeouf "used the word 'f----t'" multiple times.

Advertisement

LaBeouf was transported to a local hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries before being booked. He was subsequently released from custody on his own recognizance.

Hours after his release, LaBeouf was seen back on Bourbon Street amid Mardi Gras festivities. Videos circulating online appear to show him dancing among revelers while holding what looked like paperwork from his release.

Early Wednesday, Feb. 18, LaBeouf appeared to address the situation on social media. He posted a brief message to X that read, "Free me," marking his first post on the platform since December.

Just days before the arrest, on Feb. 15, the actor shared a selfie of himself wearing sunglasses and Mardi Gras beads — also one of his first uploads in months.

LaBeouf has previously spoken publicly about struggles with sobriety and personal challenges.

His next court appearance is scheduled for March 19.

Representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Read the original article onPeople

Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest in New Orleans

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office NEED TO KNOW Shia LaBeouf's mugshot has been released after he was ...
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi, 38, Reveals Cervical Cancer Diagnosis: 'I'm Going to Tackle This'

Gilbert Flores/Billboard via Getty

People Snooki Gilbert Flores/Billboard via Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi revealed she was diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer after a recent cone biopsy

  • The Jersey Shore star emphasized the importance of routine pap smears and early detection for women's health

  • Polizzi plans to undergo a hysterectomy and encourages others facing similar challenges to connect with her online

Nicole "Snooki" Polizzirevealed she was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

On Friday, Feb. 20, theJersey Shorestar, 38, posted a TikTok video sharing a health update after getting the results of herrecent cone biopsy.

"It came back stage 1 cervical cancer called adenocarcinoma," she said with a big sigh. "Obviously not the news I've been hoping for, but also not the worst news just because they caught it so early. Thank freaking God!"

Polizzi then stressed the importance of women getting routine pap smears.

"I'm 38 years old and I've been struggling with abnormal pap smears for three or four years now, and now look at me," she said. "Instead of putting it off because I didn't want to go, because I was hurt and scared, I just went and did it. And it was there, cancer is in there. But it's stage 1 and it's curable."

"So get your appointments done, b----es! I'm telling you!" she continued. "Once you go to stage 2, then you have to do chemo... nobody wants to do that! It's scary. So get your appointments done."

The reality star added that she's now going to be transferred to an oncologist and undergo a PET scan to determine if the cancer has spread anywhere else in her body.

The PEOPLE Puzzler crossword is here! How quickly can you solve it? Play now!

"After that, I'm gonna probably get the hysterectomy," she shared, noting that her doctor said the alternative was chemotherapy and radiation. "Obviously, I think the smart choice here is the hysterectomy. I'll still keep my ovaries, which is a good sign. But yeah, gotta get the cervix and uterus out. It all depends on the PET scan."

"So 2026 is not panning out how I wanted it to," she said. "But also, it could be worse."

Advertisement

Snooki Jamie McCarthy/Getty 

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Polizzi then explained that cervical cancer is "very common" in women and encouraged others who are going through similar experiences to connect with her on social media.

"A lot of women go through it silently without anyone to talk to and they're scared by themselves. And that was me until I decided to upload the video about what was happening with me," the mom of three said.

"I like that we have a platform here to talk about it with each other," Polizzi continued. "I appreciate all of the love. Everything's going to be fine. I'm going to tackle this and get it done."

"I gotta keep attacking this and everything's gonna be great," she ended.

TheA Shore Thingauthorfirst opened up about needing a colposcopy and biopsyin a TikTok shared on Jan. 23.

"Results come back. Doctor calls me and he's like, 'Not looking great.' He found cancerous cells on the top of my cervix," she said in the video, before explaining she was waiting on results from an additional biopsy.

"The reason why my doctor's on my ass all the time is because I waited. I waited on my damn appointments because I knew I might not get great results, but also because I didn't want to feel the pain. I didn't want to deal with the stress of having to deal with all of this," she explained.

"Just making this video to spread awareness to make sure you get your pap smears. And if your doctor calls you to do it again, do it," she urged. "Make sure you're fine and prevent all the bad things that could happen, like cervical cancer."

Read the original article onPeople

Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi, 38, Reveals Cervical Cancer Diagnosis: ‘I’m Going to Tackle This’

Gilbert Flores/Billboard via Getty NEED TO KNOW Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi revealed she was diagnose...
Alan Cumming details wild night with Emma Stone that got crashed by a music legend

Neilson Barnard/Getty

Entertainment Weekly Alan Cumming and Emma Stone in 2015 Neilson Barnard/Getty

IfAlan Cummingever wants to hang, say yes. The host ofThe Traitorshas some stories.

When asked about the wildest celebrity experience he's ever had at his New York City establishment Club Cumming, he had quite the response.

"Once, Emma Stone called me up," Cumming said in a recent conversation withFirst We Feast. "I'd been in this film with her about Billie Jean King. She played Billie Jean King, and she and Billie Jean were at Paul McCartney's concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and were gonna come over for a nightcap. Cause Billie Jean King had never been."

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

Stone portrayed the tennis great in the 2017 filmBattle of the Sexes, while Cumming appeared as tennis official Ted Tinling. The movie depicted King's famous 1973 tennis match against tennis player Bobby Riggs, who was played by Steve Carell.

Cumming recalled having told patrons at his club that the stars were on the way.

"Be cool," he instructed them.

And then Cumming learned that the women would be bringing a very famous plus-one. They had gone backstage to meet the former Beatle, and he'd wanted to know what they had planned for the night. McCartney then wanted to go, too.

Advertisement

"So, three black SUVs arrive to our tiny little club," Cumming said. "It's like a joke: Paul McCartney, Emma Stone, and Billie Jean King walk into a bar."

Something even more mind-blowing happened next.

"It was one of the nights where people get up and have a sing, and there's a guy playing the piano," Cumming remembered. "I said to Paul, 'Would you like to sing a song?' And he went, 'No! I just spent three hours singing at the Barclays Center.' And I was like, 'Alright, that was a yes or no question.' And then he must have felt bad, cause he said, 'But I'd accompany you, if you'd like, Alan.'"

Cumming absolutely did want McCartney to accompany him. TheLa La Landactress joined the two.

"Emma Stone and I got up on stage and sang 'Part of Your World' fromThe Little Mermaid," Cumming said. "And Paul McCartney accompanied us on a harmonica. Dreams do come true."

Sir Paul McCartney performs in 2018 Roberto Ricciuti/Redferns

Roberto Ricciuti/Redferns

Per an October report fromDeadline, Cumming's nightclub is set to star in an upcoming docuseries about the goings-on there.

"My vision for Club Cumming has always been to create the ethos of old New York nightlife: A place for all ages, all genders, all colors, all sexualities, where kindness is all and anything can happen," Cumming said in a statement. "It's a cabaret club but also a dance club, a drag club, an art club, a community center, a safe space – it's whatever the LGBTQ+ community needs and wants it to be. I'm so happy that World of Wonder and WOW Presents Plus is making this show about our Club Cumming tribe and showcasing the talents and the stories and the lives of these queer icons of tomorrow."

Watch Cumming tell the story about his famous guests in the video above.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Alan Cumming details wild night with Emma Stone that got crashed by a music legend

Neilson Barnard/Getty IfAlan Cummingever wants to hang, say yes. The host ofThe Traitorshas some stories. W...
US judge upholds Friday deadline to restore slavery exhibit on Independence Mall in Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A federal judge has denied the Trump administration's request to delay a Friday deadline torestore an exhibiton the history of slavery at Independence Mall in Philadelphia.

Associated Press Attorney and founder of Avenging the Ancestors Coalition Michael Coard speaks during a rally celebrating the reinstallation of a slavery exhibit at the President's House Site in Philadelphia on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2026, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Joe Lamberti) La jueza Cynthia Rufe sale tras inspeccionar el lugar donde estaban los carteles explicativos sobre la esclavitud en la Sala del Presidente en Filadelfia, el 2 de febrero del 2026. (AP foto/Matt Rourke) Attendees gather for a rally celebrating the reinstallation of a slavery exhibit at the President's House Site in Philadelphia on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2026, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Joe Lamberti) Attorney and founder of Avenging the Ancestors Coalition Michael Coard speaks during a rally celebrating the reinstallation of a slavery exhibit at the President's House Site in Philadelphia on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2026, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Joe Lamberti) Attendees gather for a rally celebrating the reinstallation of a slavery exhibit at the President's House Site in Philadelphia on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2026, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Joe Lamberti)

Slavery Exhibit Removed

The ruling Friday morning came as restoration work begun Thursdayresumedat the site of the former President's House. Senior U.S. District Judge Cynthia M. Rufe had set a 5 p.m. Friday deadline for its completion, and she held to that timeline, even as the administration appeals her decision.

The Interior Department has said in court papers that it planned to replace the exhibit with its own narrative on slavery, as the administration works to remove information that it deems"disparaging" to Americansfrom federal properties. Rufe said it must work with the city on new material under a longstanding cooperative agreement.

"As this court established, "(t)he government can convey a different message without restraint elsewhere if it so pleases, but it cannot do so to the President's House until it follows the law and consults with the city," Rufe, an appointee of Republican President George W. Bush, said in Friday's opinion.

In its own filing Friday to the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the Justice Department called her ruling "extraordinary" and "an improper intrusion on the workings of a co-equal branch of government."

The appeals court asked the city to respond to the request for an emergency stay of Rufe's order.

One of the panels being rehung Friday morning — titled "History Lost & Found" — details the surprising discovery of artifacts from the building during an archaeological dig in the early 2000s, as work was being done on a new pavilion for the Liberty Bell.

Advertisement

National Park Service employees worked with care on the exhibits, including those on the nine people enslaved by George and Martha Washington in the 1790s, when Philadelphia served as the nation's capital. The Park Service describes theoutdoor exhibitas one "that examines the paradox between slavery and freedom in the founding of the nation."

The Trump administration abruptly removed the panels in January, leading the city and other advocates to file suit. They had been on display since 2010, the result of years of research and collaboration between the city, the Park Service, historians and other private parties.

Rufe, in denying the federal government's request for a delay, said that side was unlikely to succeed at trial. And she said the public –- and the city's reputation -- was being harmed with each passing day.

The city, she said, "is responsible for the public trust in the city's telling of its own history, its own integrity in telling that history, and preventing erasure of that history, particularly in advance of the semiquincentennial."

Millions of people are expected to visit Philadelphia, the nation's birthplace, this year for the 250th anniversary of the country's founding in 1776.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Philadelphia, which is representing the administration in court, declined to comment on the restoration work Friday.

Kimberly Gegner, a teacher from Philadelphia, visited the site Friday with some of her 6th- to 9th-grade students. As a Black American, she said, it had pained her to see the history removed. But she was grateful to see it going back up.

"This whole case and what happened here — the taking it down and how Mayor Parker and other Pennsylvanians had to go to court to have it restored — is an excellent case of how the Constitution was applied to win this case for Philadelphia," she said.

US judge upholds Friday deadline to restore slavery exhibit on Independence Mall in Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A federal judge has denied the Trump administration's request to delay a Friday deadline toresto...
Epstein estate reaches settlement of up to $35 million with survivors

The estate ofJeffrey Epsteinagreed on Thursday to pay up to $35 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought by survivors of the late convicted sex offender.

CNN Jeffrey Epstein in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 2004. - Rick Friedman/Corbis/Getty Images

The complaint, which was first filed in 2024, alleges that Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn, co-executors of Epstein's estate, "facilitated" Epstein's "sex trafficking and abuse" and "were also integral in allowing Epstein to escape justice for years by concealing his litany of crimes."

Indyke and Kahn denied the allegations in Thursday's filing, adding that they were not involved in "the Epstein sex trafficking venture in any way" and that they do not believe "any Class Member has suffered any harm, injury, or damages as a result of their conduct." The settlement would resolve all claims against the two defendants and the estate. A judge must now sign off on the agreement.

It comes amid the fallout from the Justice Department's release of millions of pages of files related to Epstein in document dumps over the course of the last year. The files include numerousprominent names, and revelations have promptedseveral executives to step down.

The parties agreed on a settlement of up to $35 million, according to a court filing Thursday. The final figure depends on the number of survivors that signed onto the class-action lawsuit, and it could be as low as $25 million if there are less than 40 "Eligible Class Members."

An attorney for Indyke and Kahn stressed that they are not admitting to any wrongdoing by agreeing to the settlement.

"Neither of the co-executors has made any admission or concession of misconduct," lawyer Daniel Weiner said in a statement to CNN. "Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial, but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate."

Advertisement

CNN has reached out to lawyers representing the survivors.

Several survivors have already received compensation since Epstein died by suicide in August 2019 while awaiting his sex trafficking trial.

In November 2019, attorneys for Epstein's estate executors filed a request to pursue a survivor compensation fund to avoid litigation and the program started in June 2020. By early 2021,payouts were pausedbecause the estate was low on cash. Before the pause, over 150 claims were filed and the program paid out over $50 million to eligible claimants.

Survivors have also reached settlements with two banks where Epstein was a client:JP Morgan Chase, which agreed to pay $290 million to settle a class-action lawsuit, andDeutsche Bank, which reached a $75 million settlement.

This story has been updated with additional details.

CNN's Lauren del Valle and Chris Isidore contributed to this report.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account atCNN.com

Epstein estate reaches settlement of up to $35 million with survivors

The estate ofJeffrey Epsteinagreed on Thursday to pay up to $35 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought by surv...

 

GL MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com