Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest in New Orleans

Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest in New Orleans

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

People Shia LaBeouf's mugshot Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

NEED TO KNOW

  • Shia LaBeouf's mugshot has been released after he was arrested during Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans and booked on two counts of simple battery

  • Authorities allege the actor was involved in an altercation shortly after midnight on Feb. 17 outside a Royal Street bar in the French Quarter, where he is accused of allegedly striking two men before being restrained by bystanders

  • LaBeouf was later released on his own recognizance and was seen back on Bourbon Street hours later, dancing amid Mardi Gras festivities

Shia LaBeouf'smugshot has been released following his arrest during Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans.

Authorities say the 39-year-old actor was booked on two counts of simple battery on Feb. 17.

His mugshot was later released on Feb. 20 by the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office.

One of the alleged victims in the incident, Jeffrey Damnit (born Jeffrey Klein), told PEOPLE that theconfrontation beganaround 5 p.m. Monday at Royal Street Inn & R Bar in the French Quarter.

He claimed that the actor hurled homophobic slurs at the bar and then a few hours later, when staff eventually escorted him outside, began "screaming at everybody" and "lunging at" patrons.

Damnit alleged LaBeouf jumped at him and struck him, knocking him back and the actor punched a bartender in the face. He said that several people ultimately restrained LaBeouf while waiting for officers.

Shia LaBeouf's mugshot Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office

An initial police report obtained by PEOPLE stated that one alleged victim was struck "in his face with a closed fist causing his nose to possibly dislocate" and said he "pushed his nose back into place" himself.

The report further alleged that LaBeouf "used the word 'f----t'" multiple times.

Advertisement

LaBeouf was transported to a local hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries before being booked. He was subsequently released from custody on his own recognizance.

Hours after his release, LaBeouf was seen back on Bourbon Street amid Mardi Gras festivities. Videos circulating online appear to show him dancing among revelers while holding what looked like paperwork from his release.

Early Wednesday, Feb. 18, LaBeouf appeared to address the situation on social media. He posted a brief message to X that read, "Free me," marking his first post on the platform since December.

Just days before the arrest, on Feb. 15, the actor shared a selfie of himself wearing sunglasses and Mardi Gras beads — also one of his first uploads in months.

LaBeouf has previously spoken publicly about struggles with sobriety and personal challenges.

His next court appearance is scheduled for March 19.

Representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Read the original article onPeople

 

GL MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com