Piper Rockelle Reveals Where She Stands with Her Mother Tiffany as She Turns 18

Piper Rockelle Reveals Where She Stands with Her Mother Tiffany as She Turns 18 Luke ChinmanAugust 22, 2025 at 6:30 AM Piper Rockelle/Instagram Piper Rockelle In an interview with Teen Vogue published on her 18th birthday, Piper Rockelle revealed that she plans to transfer ownership of Piper Rockell...

- - Piper Rockelle Reveals Where She Stands with Her Mother Tiffany as She Turns 18

Luke ChinmanAugust 22, 2025 at 6:30 AM

Piper Rockelle/Instagram

Piper Rockelle -

In an interview with Teen Vogue published on her 18th birthday, Piper Rockelle revealed that she plans to transfer ownership of Piper Rockelle, Inc. from her mom's hands to her own

Rockelle, who has been in the public eye for over a decade, first started making YouTube videos with her mom Tiffany Smith when she was 8 years old

Rockelle and Smith were the subjects of the Netflix docuseries Bad Influence: The Dark Side of Kidfluencing, in which parents of former members of the "Piper Squad" made abuse allegations against Smith

As Piper Rockelle turns 18, she's opening up about her relationship with her mother, Tiffany Smith.

In a profile published by Teen Vogue, the internet star, who became a legal adult on Aug. 21, said she planned to soon transfer legal ownership of Piper Rockelle, Inc. to herself from her mother — though she added that it was not because of a lack of trust between them.

"It's protecting my family," she told the outlet. "It's protecting me. If I take 100% ownership of every aspect of my life, anything that happens from now on will be my problem and nobody else's."

When she was 8, Rockelle and her mom started posting to her YouTube channel, where she grew a following of millions of fans and eventually started making content with a group of other influencers, dubbed the "Piper Squad."

In January 2022, 11 of the teen influencers filed a lawsuit against Smith, alleging that they were not compensated for their time collaborating with Rockelle and that they were subject to "inappropriate, offensive and abusive treatment," including "wildly offensive and sexually explicit comments."

Smith publicly denied these allegations and settled the lawsuit in October 2024 for nearly $2 million, with all parties specifically disclaiming any liability.

Rockelle and Smith were also the subjects of the Netflix docuseries Bad Influence: The Dark Side of Kidfluencing, which premiered on the platform in April. In the documentary, parents of "Piper Squad" teens spoke out about the disturbing abuse allegations against Smith.

Piper Rockelle/Instagram

Piper Rockelle

Speaking out for the first time after the docuseries premiered in a Rolling Stone interview, Rockelle said that members of the squad had "extended the truth" when it came to the claims against her mother.

"I was there. I witnessed every day," Rockelle told the outlet. "I think that they believe what they are saying, but I was there and I saw everything."

Looking back on the last few years of her life, Rockelle told Teen Vogue, "Of course it hurts."

But on her milestone birthday, the influencer continued, she could finally move past the allegations against her mom that have haunted her career.

"How am I supposed to become an actor and start singing and working with a record label and get paid to promote a drink when my name is surrounded by dirt?" she said. "Once I'm 18, I don't have to worry about that."

When asked about the allegations against her mother, Rockelle told Teen Vogue she was continuing to refrain from speaking out. "It's been my life for three years. I've been asked the same questions and I don't really think anyone deserves to have the answers besides me and my family and my [future] husband and kids," she said. "As long as I can sleep easy at night, that's all that matters."

Elsewhere in the interview, Teen Vogue reported that Rockelle still lives with her mother in Los Angeles, alongside her mom's boyfriend, Hunter Hill, and Rockelle's boyfrien,d Capri Jones.

— sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Earlier this year, Rockelle made headlines when she visited the Bop House, a content creation collective whose members are primarily known for making OnlyFans content.

After her involvement with the house as a minor drew criticism, Rockelle told PEOPLE in a statement in February that she was "so grateful for the opportunity to collab with the Bop House creators."

Piper Rockelle/Instagram

Piper Rockelle

She reiterated the sentiment to Rolling Stone in May, saying that she "had the best time of my life."

When asked by Teen Vogue about joining OnlyFans, which she is now able to do as a legal adult, she said she hadn't made a decision.

"I mean, it's nobody's decision but mine," Rockelle said. "So when I find the answer, when I feel comfortable enough to speak about it, when I figure out myself and know who I am, then it's nobody's choice. It's just my life and I can decide how to live it."

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: GL MAG

Full Article on Source: GL MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities

 

GL MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com