<p>-
- 7 Easy Ways Savvy Travelers Book Cheaper Hotel Rooms</p>
<p>Chris AdamAugust 8, 2025 at 3:19 PM</p>
<p>HRAUN / Getty Images</p>
<p>It can be tough to find ways to cut back and save money when you're traveling. But scoring cheaper hotel rooms is one option for reducing costs.</p>
<p>Explore More: I Asked ChatGPT the Best Travel Hacks To Save Money in 2025: Here's What It Said</p>
<p>Read Next: 4 Low-Risk Ways To Build Your Savings in 2025</p>
<p>According to Budget Your Trip, the average hotel price in the United States is $171. For those who want to find good deals for cheaper nights, here is some simple advice from travel experts.</p>
<p>Trending Now: Suze Orman's Secret to a Wealthy Retirement--Have You Made This Money Move?</p>
<p>Book Directly With the Hotel</p>
<p>Jasmine Charbonier, a travel expert and founder of Your Tampa Bestie, said she's saved more than $500 in a single booking by calling hotels directly. The front desk staff often has more flexibility on rates than online platforms.</p>
<p>"Recently in Singapore, I got a sweet upgrade and 25% off just by mentioning I was a frequent traveler," Charbonier said. "And here's something most people don't know — if you email the general manager directly, and their info is usually on LinkedIn, you can sometimes score even better deals. I've done this dozens of times for my clients."</p>
<p>Check Out: 6 US Cities Where You Can Still Enjoy a Luxury Vacation for Cheap</p>
<p>Use Price Comparison Tools the Right Way</p>
<p>Most people may just check Expedia or Booking.com and call it a day. But Charbonier said to always cross-reference at least three different sites. Recently, she found a $200 difference for the same room in Dubai between different booking sites.</p>
<p>Time Your Bookings</p>
<p>Also think about what time you're booking your hotel rooms.</p>
<p>"Here's what I've learned from booking hundreds of hotel rooms — Sunday through Tuesday nights are typically 30%-40% cheaper. And booking 2-3 months ahead usually gets the best rates, except during peak seasons," Charbonier said.</p>
<p>Join Loyalty Programs</p>
<p>Loyalty programs can also save a lot of money. Charbonier said she's part of every major hotel chain's program.</p>
<p>"The points add up fast when you travel as much as I do. Last year alone, I got 12 free nights from points. Plus, these programs often have member-exclusive rates that aren't shown to the public," she explained.</p>
<p>Use Credit Card Perks</p>
<p>Credit cards also have perks and rewards that can help travelers save money.</p>
<p>"My Amex Platinum has saved me thousands on hotel stays. The $200 annual hotel credit, room upgrades and late checkout are game-changers," Charbonier said.</p>
<p>Just be sure to manage any credit cards effectively so you're not racking up debt.</p>
<p>Pick a Good Location for the Hotel</p>
<p>According to Kevin Estes, founder and financial planner at Scaled Finance, one travel hack is to choose a hotel near but not at a prime location.</p>
<p>"Years ago, my wife and I stayed at a hotel near Whistler at a fraction of the cost," Estes said. "I like to stay near conference hotels, which gives me an excuse to explore new cities!"</p>
<p>Consider Alternative Accommodations</p>
<p>Alternatives to traditional or large chain hotels could also be a good money-saving option. According to Charbonier, sometimes the best deals aren't at traditional hotels.</p>
<p>"I've found incredible boutique hotels through platforms like Mr. & Mrs. Smith that offer better value than big chains," she said. "And for longer stays, serviced apartments can cut costs by 40%-50%. In Tokyo, I stayed at an amazing apartment that was half the price of comparable hotels in the area."</p>
<p>More From GOBankingRates</p>
<p>New Law Could Make Electricity Bills Skyrocket in These 4 States</p>
<p>I'm an Economist: Here's When Tariff Price Hikes Will Start Hitting Your Wallet</p>
<p>5 Strategies High-Net-Worth Families Use To Build Generational Wealth</p>
<p>7 Wealth-Building Shortcuts Proven To Add $1K to Your Wallet This Month</p>
<p>This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com: 7 Easy Ways Savvy Travelers Book Cheaper Hotel Rooms</p>
<a href="https://data852.click/5a32cd58501e613bf372/ee0a75caf0/?placementName=default" class="dirlink-1">Original Article on Source</a>
Source: "AOL AOL Money"
Source: AsherMag
Full Article on Source: Astro Blog
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities